Wednesday 28 December 2011

Aurora features Roieezy

 According to H1 entertainment's recent poll, he is the second most loved Nigerian/Ukrainian artist. My amazing and highly appreciated readers, please allow me introduce to you, Roieezy!!!


Where are you from and what’s your real name?

My names are Roy Agwaunima Agiang, and I’m from Cross River, Nigeria.

How did you come up with the name Roieezy, care to tell us what it means?

I have a friend named Law, I call him Laweezy and he calls me Royeezy and that was just it. I guess it means we work towards the best in life but do it with “eez”.

How would you describe your music or form of entertainment for the public audience if they have never seen you before?

In a few words, well… My music is that kind of music that you can’t just help but love!!! #TEAMGOODMUSIC

Thinking way back to early childhood, what was your first experience with music like? What song do you remember most as a child?

Bad by Michael Jackson is still the number one jam till date. M.J, Lucky Dube, Koffi Olumide and Ron Kenolly made my childhood music life superb. We had a family choir also, where my mum, elder sister and I used to sing while my dad danced.

That memory is a really priceless one, I love it. We are all Aware of how the music industry has exploded in Nigeria, and how music has matured or has changed over the past few years. How does the music you listen to now, differ from way back then?

It has differed positively and negatively in the sense that the creativity and insight on Nigerian music these days is overwhelming, however, the lyrical artists with a lot of meaningful songs are hardly noticed due to the fact that people only dance to beats that suit their mood and not necessarily to what is being said, which is missing the very point of music to begin with.

What was the first song you ever sang, and how did it make you feel?

Uhmm, 1ST I ever sang? Scratching my head. Well, I don’t really remember, I’d have to ask my mum cos I guess I was pretty little at the time but I’m sure it felt good..

When and where was the first time you performed live? Did it go well?

My 1st performance was in high school and though my girlfriend back then said, in her own words, “Hun you were great!” I knew it wasn’t really all that and I could do a lot better with time, obviously.

This music, is it something you’re taking seriously, or is it just an on-the-side thing?

Well, first of all I’m a medical student in my fourth year. Music comes after that, so yeah maybe I’m taking it a bit serious.

IF you had to describe your music in three or four words, what would you call it?

REPLAY BUTTON DESTROYER ;) *CHUCKLES*

How do you come up with the lyrics of your songs, I especially like Jaiye and Omoge wa?

Depends on inspiration and the situation of the moment and timing. Jaiye was inspired by Funke Ogukoya (funkie Fwesh) and Omoge Wa by Busola Ayelowo.


Who does your beats?

I, together with a friend, Jake, Feejay Dave, El’ Don, Stas and a couple of others.

Do you have any fan comments of how your song has affected or changed them?

I get a lot of heart-warming comments and encouragements yeah! Changed them? Er not exactly, but Inspired them, definitely.

Do you have a fan club, a Face book page, twitter handle or any other means where your fans can reach you?

Yup.... WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/ROIEEZY, FACEBOOK: DATFLIBOIROI ROIEEZY, TWITTER: @ROIEEZY, GOOGLE: ROIEEZY

When you’re not singing or in the studio, what activities do you engage in to pass time?

Playing basketball, my guitar or chatting with girls.

Someone once said "Write what you would love to perform over and over" with that in mind which of your songs do you love to perform the most.

I’ll say Omoge Wa, because of the ending… Lol “My legs are shaking, one more bottle ka’wo e so ke so’di…”

Tell me about your most embarrassing moment if you care to share?

Well, well, well I farted once in front of a girl I was trying to ask out and her friends. It didn’t stop me though.

If you could perform with anyone in the world either dead alive or retired who would it be and why?

Vector Ysg... He’s ON POINT.

Have you collaborated with any other artists? If so who are they?

So far a couple, Feejay Dave, Bradbury Brothers, Jake, Caesar, Diddy Nova, TC Peruzzi, Noks, Buju Bright, SholaBrizzy, BuzzyGirl, Preachaz Son, Dr Shillz, St. Dizzy and More to come Insha Allah.

What advice would you like to give other upcoming artists?

Putting a smile on the faces of listeners should be your priority and if you work towards proving people wrong about being the loser they think you are, it’s probably because you’re also thinking the same thing about yourself.

Can you give a shout out to Aurora Dandridge, your fans and friends out there in form of a rhyme or lyrics like a song?

AURORA WUSUP, MAKE I YARN AS E DEY GO
THEM DEY SEE ME NOW AS I DEY KPELENTICO
YEA I STAY FLY THO NOT HIGH ON COCO
TO MA BRUVAS I GAT LOVE NO HOMO
AND EM HUNNIES, Y’ALL KEEP MA HEART BEATING NO OMO
I  VOW TO STAY LOVED SO HELP ME GOD OH
 FINE BOI NO WRINKLE, DR ROIEEZY ON POINT SIMPLE...

Thank you Royeezy for your time, I look forward to more of your music in the New Year. Remember people, in the words of Roieezy, don’t waste unnecessary time proving to people that you’re not a loser, just do your thing to the best of your ability, and let whatever you believe in do the rest.






ComScore

7 comments:

  1. On Point... Go Roieezy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cul........i luv Roiz music...esp.....Triumphant Entry.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Anonymouses, well appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wtf does omo gat to do with ur heart beating

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the whole point, no one knows what Omo has to do with the heart beating, but it's provocative it just got you to drop a comment, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous "Omo" is a detergent obviously and that line means "No Washing", thats to say its no deceit that they got my heart beating... its something a lyricist would understand. thanks for reading and commenting tho...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. RoiEezy thumbs up for that. I love that response, it just made my day. And nice on the lyrics thingy, nice word play.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughtz? add a thing or two with an ID, and you can win free credit or a BB subscription...